Episode #8 - Steven Judge: The Real Cause of Histamine Intolerance and How to Treat It
Steven Judge is a Clinical Naturopath and Nutritionist and an Integrated Healing Practitioner with a private practice in Sydney. He has a special interest in chronic digestive disorders and mental health, and his practice focuses heavily on the role of the gut microbiome in not just digestive disorders such as gut dysbiosis, intestinal permeability (leaky gut) and Small intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO), but also in histamine intolerance and mental health issues.
With depression being one of the leading disabilities worldwide and chronic stress and anxiety plaguing millions of people, Steven feels that now more than ever, we need to alleviate the burden of these national health priority areas by treating the whole person and addressing all underlying factors. It is through experiencing his own healing through natural medicine that he is driven to provide the same opportunity for his patients and clients.
In this episode, Gabe and Steven talk about all things histamines! They cover:
- The role of histamines in the body and why they aren't the enemy
- The relationship between histamine intolerance and poor detoxification
- Key signs of a histamine intolerance
- Why the low histamine diet isn't a long-term solution
- His approach in clinic to treating histamine intolerance
- And so much more.